Jay Y. Mandel
Jay Y. Mandel is an experienced attorney who focuses his practice on complex litigation, including disputes against banks, investment companies, and other financial services firms on behalf of institutional investors and other institutional clients. Mr. Mandel also focuses his practice on the defense of private and institutional clients in white collar criminal investigations and prosecutions. Mr. Mandel has extensive experience representing clients in state and federal courts, as well as administrative agencies.
Before becoming Of Counsel at Kobre & Kim, Mr. Mandel focused his practice on the representation of publicly-traded companies, closely-held businesses and individuals in a wide array of financial services and commercial litigation.
- Representation of a publicly-traded company in a US $20+ million FINRA arbitration against Merrill Lynch for alleged violations of securities laws and broker-dealer duties.
- Obtained US $30 million award on behalf of US Airways, Inc. against Oppenheimer & Co., Inc. before a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority arbitration panel in New York for alleged violations of securities laws and broker-dealer duties.
- Representation of an institutional investor in connection with efforts to recover more than US $280 million in losses arising from the Bernard L. Madoff "Ponzi scheme."
- Representation of an individual charged with Medicare fraud by the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Class & Derivative Actions
- Financial Products & Services Litigation
- Government Enforcement Defense
- Joint Venture & Partnership Disputes
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- George Washington University, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.